This Policy applies only to information r Chef collects via Chefie, and does not apply to information collected by any other website, application, entity, or third party.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
A. Purpose. The information we learn from customers allows us to personalize and continually improve the experience and use of Chefie. Here are the types of information we gather.
1. User Supplied Information. We receive and store any information you submit on Chefie or give us in any other way. Information that we collect can be: items searched for, name and address, e-mail address, buying and searching patterns, any reviews submitted and accompanying information, credit card and other payment information supplied, delivery information, and financial information including Social Security numbers and Driver’s License numbers. This list is not exclusive.
2. Right to refrain from giving information. You have right to refrain from giving us certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of all of Chefie’s features. We use the information that you provide to enhance Chefie services, such as responding to your requests, customizing future Chefie use for you, improving our business, and communicating with you.
4. Automatically stored information
We may automatically collect certain details of your access and use of Chefie including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through Chefie. We may collection information about your mobile device and internet connection including the devices unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number. We may also collection information regarding your location, which you can opt out of, but will then be prevented from using Chefie’s location based services.
2. SHARING OF INFORMATION
A. General. The information that we collect about our customers is critical to our business. We respect and value this information, and do not want to jeopardize the flow of information between our customers and the site. We do not sell your personal information to anyone. There are very limited circumstances where we do share some customer information, and this is outlined immediately below.
1. Agents. Due to the size and complexity of our operation, it is necessary to employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Agents can be used to facilitate orders, send communications, technical maintenance, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links (including paid listings and links), process credit card payments, and provide customer service. These agents have access to only the personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
2. Business Transfers. In the event that Chefie, r Chef LLC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information could be one of the transferred assets.
4. Chefie Transactions. Chefie provides a marketplace for independently operated Chefs and Buyers to connect and enter transaction regarding food products. Some of the information you supply, including but not limited to your profile information, is available to other Chefie users.
5. With Your Consent. Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Chefie may allow advertisers to access certain information you supply to Chefie in order to facilitate in-app advertisements.
3. INFORMATION SECURITY
A. Software Used. To protect the security of your information during transmission, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
B. Order Confirmation. We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. To process an order, it is necessary to transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company.
4. USER ACCESS TO INFORMATION
A. General. When you access your account, there is a variety of information that you will see. This is designed to allow you to update any changed information and view the information that you entered previously.
5. USER CHOICES WITH REGARD TO ACCESS OF INFORMATION
A. General. You always have the right to refrain from providing any information. This may have an impact on use of the site and on the ease of making purchases or taking advantage of certain unique features of the site.
B. Customer communication. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your account setting regarding email contact preferences. However, full use of Chefie and its services requires communication with Chefie and other Chefie users via phone, text, and/or email.
6. CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS
A. Acceptance of Conditions of Use. By visiting Chefie, you accept that your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Texas.
B. Revisions. Because our business changes constantly, we reserve the right to periodically revise our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes.
7. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
A. General. Information is collected from you when you do the following activities: search, offer to buy food items, advertise food items, post a review, send a communication of any kind, deliver and/or receive food items, and send or receive payment.
B. Information that could be supplied. It is possible that you will supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; purchase and shipping recipients, including addresses and phone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in personal section; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
8. AUTOMATIC INFORMATION
A. General. As discussed earlier, our systems collect information that is sent over the internet without your control.
B. Examples. Some examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as product suggestions; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number and other identifying information relating to communications you send to and through Chefie.
Last updated: December 16, 2016